It is very important to close the unused bank account properly to avoid unwanted charges and fees. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Benchmark Bank account.
I do not recommend you follow any online method to close the account. The reason is the success rate is very less. And if there are any issues with your bank then you can get them cleared in offline method but not online.
Before you approach Benchmark Bank and ask it to close your account. There are a few important things to be taken care of. The first thing is negative balance and pending dues.
In case if you have any kind of dues pending in your account. Then the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear those.
The next thing is once the account is closed all your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing. So you will have to cancel those and set up the same with your alternative bank account.
If you have an alternative account with you then that is great. You can good to start the closing process. But in case if you don’t have. Then I recommend you open a new account before closing the existing one.
Choose any bank, there are so many in the United States of America, and get the account opened. If you need help then you can read this list of questions you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close Benchmark Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in the case of a joint bank account, refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Benchmark Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank for some reasons. Then you can do that by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.benchmarkbank.com
- Phone Number: 972.673.4000
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/benchmarkbank/
This is how simple it is to get the account closed. Also, note that the account can not be instantly closed. It can take up to 1 business day so keep your calm. And if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay account closing charges.