No matter what type of bank account you have and what is the reason to close it. The process which needs to be followed remains the same. Just in case you have a joint bank account. Then the process changes a bit, in that case, all the account holders need to provide their consent to the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close bankHometown account.
The first thing to do check if you have any kind of negative balance or dues pending in the account. This has to be first checked because in case you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account. Until you clear all the dues. So if you have any then take the necessary steps to clear those. Once done you are free to approach the bank and request it to close your account.
The next thing you should take care of is your alternative bank account. In case you don’t have another account with any other bank. Then I recommend you first open and then close your existing account. Because once the bank starts the process of closing your account. You can not use it for making any transactions. Even if it is an emergency you can not.
|Headquarters||Oxford, Massachusetts, United States|
|Parent Organization||Hometown Financial Group, Inc.|
Steps to Close bankHometown Account
There is no online method to close the account. So you will have to follow the offline method which is explained below.
- Locate the nearest branch of bankHometown near you.
- Collect your bank passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and any identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- Provide your name and account number to the officials. This will help them locate your account.
- Show your identity proof document to confirm your account ownership.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
In case you want to contact the bank or get in touch with the support team. Then you can call customer support over the phone, use its official website. And even message the bank on its official social media profile.
- Official Website: www.bankhometown.com
- Phone Number: 888 307 5887
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bankhometown/
This is how simple it is to close the bank account you hold with bankHometown. Sometimes the bank may also charge the customers for closing the account. This depends upon the type of account you hold with the bank. And the time period when you are closing the account. So I recommend you to get in touch with the bank and ask about the charges. (if any)