If you have decided to close your bank account. Then this guide will help you out with the process to close Bank of Missouri account.
In this process of preparation, there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is you will have to check your account balance.
And you will have to make sure that there are no pending dues or negative balances in your account. In case you have any then you will have to clear those.
So to avoid this you can move all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. Please make sure you do this before your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Bank of Missouri Account
Follow the steps mentioned below if you have an individual account. And in case you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate where is the nearest branch of Bank of Missouri near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form and fill it.
- And submit the filled form to the bank.
Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within a year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.