If you have a bank account that you have decided to close. Then with the help of this guide, you can learn the process to close Bank of Blue Valley account.
The process is very easy and it can be made easier. That is by preparing your bank account to be closed. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. Here you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in your account.
In case you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
All these payments and deposits will start failing. You can avoid this by setting up your payments and deposits with your alternative bank account.
This will help you make sure that none of your payments and deposits are failing. Keep in mind that you will have to do this before you approach your bank to close the account.
Steps to Close Bank of Blue Valley Account
If you hold an individual account then follow this guide. But in case you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank of Blue Valley near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can close your account. You should also keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.