Have you decided to close your bank account? Well, then this guide is for you. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank of Billings account.
The process is really very easy. But before you approach the bank and request it to close your bank account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed.
There are two things in this process. The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you will have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in your account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is you will have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. This is important because once your account is closed all your payments and deposits will start failing.
So make sure that you set up all your payments and the deposits with your alternative bank account. This will help you ensure that none of your payments or deposits fail.
Steps to Close Bank of Billings Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case you want to close a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of the Bank of Billings near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill out the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.