If you have decided to close your bank account for some reason. Then you have all the rights to do it. But there is a proper way to do it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bank Independent account.
The process is very easy but I don’t recommend you closing the account online because of the low success rate. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method explained in this guide.
This method explained in this guide not only works for the customers of Bank Independent. But it also works for the customers of most of the banks in the United States.
Before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of regarding your account.
The first thing is you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any then you should clear those.
And the second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This is important because the payments will start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Bank Independent Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps that are mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bank Independent near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form with all the details, check it, sign the form, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want more information about closing an account. Then I recommend you to directly contact the bank. You can do it by calling customer service. And also with the help of the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: www.bibank.com
- Phone Number: (877) 865-5050
This is the process that you have to follow to close your account. You also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.