If for reasons if you have decided to close your bank account. Then this guide will help you out to close your Bangor Savings Bank account.
The process is very easy. And let us make it even easier by preparing your account to be closed. And this process of simplification there are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. Here you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in your account.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is about the automatic payments and the direct deposits that are active on your account. You should take care of them because once your account is closed these payments will start failing.
Hence to avoid failures you should set up them with your alternative account. You should also keep in mind that it is completely your responsibility and not that of Bangor Savings Bank.
Steps to Close Bangor Savings Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide here.
- First of all, you have to find out where is the nearest branch of Bangor Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how simple it is to close your bank account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.