There are simply too many reasons due to which the customers might decide to close a bank account. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Bandera Bank account.
Before you get started with the process there are two things that you need to take care of. The first thing is about the balance that you have in your account.
You should make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all your dues. The second thing is regarding your automatic payments and direct deposits.
You should set up all of them with your alternative account. This will help you out to make sure that all your payments and deposits are running even after your account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Bandera Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed then you can follow this guide. But if you want to close a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Bandera Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
These are the 9 major steps that you will have to follow to close your Bandera Bank account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank for more details.