If you have made your mind to close your bank account for some reason. Then you can refer to this article to learn all the steps that you need to follow to close BancorpSouth account. The process is very simple but you can not close the account online.
You will have to follow the offline method which is explained in this guide. Before you start the process of closure. There are a few things which should be taken care of by you. The first thing is there should be no negative balance in your bank account.
In case if you have any then you should take the necessary steps to clear those. Because BancorpSouth will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues in your account. The next thing is you should take care of all your automatic payments and the direct deposits.
This is very important because once your account is closed all the payments will start failing. So you should cancel those from and to your BancorpSouth account. And set them up with your alternative bank account. This is completely your responsibility and not of the bank so please do it before you close the account.
If you already have an alternative bank account that is an account with another bank. Then that is great you can go ahead with the closing process. But in case if you don’t have then choose a good bank for you. There are so many in the United States of America. And get a new account opened for yourself.
Steps to Close BancorpSouth Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank, then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint bank account, then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of BancorpSouth near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask you for your name, and bank account number.
- Provide them the details and show your identity proof document.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer care, using the official website. And also by messaging on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.bancorpsouth.com
- Phone Number: 1-888-797-7711
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BancorpSouthBank
Follow these simple steps and you will be able to get your account closed by giving one last visit to the bank. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.