If you have decided to close your account for any reason. Then you can refer to this guide to learn the steps that you need to follow your BancFirst account. The process that you need to follow is very simple. But let me tell you that you can not close your bank account online.
You will have to follow the offline method only. But before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. There are a few things that you need to take care of. The first thing is there should be no pending dues and negative balance in your account.
If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues. So check your account balance. And if you have any dues pending then clear all of those. The next thing is once the account is closed all your automatic payments and direct deposits will start failing.
So before you close down your account you have to cancel all the payments. And set them up with your alternative bank account. If you already have an account with another bank, then that is fine. You can go ahead with the process of closing the account.
But in case if you don’t then. Then I recommend you to choose any one bank there are many in the United States. And get a new account opened. If you need help in choosing the bank then you can refer to this list of questions that you should ask the bank before opening the account.
Steps to Close BancFirst Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned below. And in case if you hold a joint bank account, then you can refer to this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of BancFirst near you.
- Take your identity proof document, debit cards, unused cheques, and passbook with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the requested details and show your identity proof document.
- Bring down your bank account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank by calling customer care, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.bancfirst.bank
- Phone Number: (844) 545-3059
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bancfirstok/
This is how you can close your BancFirst account by visiting the nearest branch of the bank. And in case if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.