If you have decided to close your bank account. Then you can do that by visiting the branch of the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close BAC Community Bank account.
Before you approach the branch and ask it to close your account. You should prepare your account to be closed by the bank. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you will have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances and pending dues in the account.
The second thing is you will have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You should move all of them to your alternative bank account.
This will help you to ensure that all your payments are up and running even when your account is closed by the bank. Please keep in mind it is completely your responsibility to take care of the payments and not that of the bank.
Steps to Close BAC Community Bank Account
If you have an individual account to be closed then follow this guide. And in case if you have a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of BAC Community Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
Follow these steps and you will be able to close your account. But you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.