If you have an account that you are not using anymore. Then the best thing you can do is close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Austin Bank account.
The process is very simple. But I recommend you prepare your account to be closed before you approach the bank and ask it to close.
The first thing in the preparation is. You have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is you have to take care of all your automatic payments and direct deposits. You should move all of them to your alternative account.
This will help you to make sure that none of your payments or the deposits start failing once the account is closed by the bank.
Steps to Close Austin Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account then you can follow this linked guide.
- First of all check where is the nearest branch of Austin Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and an identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you want to close your account.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is how simple it is to get your account closed. But keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.