If you have an account that you use no more. Then this guide will help you out to close it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Audubon State Bank account.
The process is very easy. But before you get started with the process. You have to prepare your account to be closed by taking care of two things.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close your account until you clear all the dues.
The second thing is you have to take care of all of your automatic payments and the direct deposits. You should consider moving them to your alternative account.
This will help you to make sure that all your payments and deposits are running without any issues. If you don’t do this then all your payments and deposits will start failing.
Steps to Close Audubon State Bank Account
If you want to close an individual account. Then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then you can follow this linked guide.
- Look for the nearest branch of Audubon State Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can easily close your account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing your account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.