If you have decided to close your bank account. Then let me tell you that the process is really simple. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Atkins Savings Bank account.
You can make the process even simpler by preparing your account to be closed. In this process of preparation, there are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no negative balances in your account.
If you have any negative balances or pending dues. Then you will have to clear those before you approach the bank and request it to close your account.
You have to do this before your account is closed by the bank. If you don’t do this. Then all your payments and deposits will start failing once your account is closed.
Steps to Close Atkins Savings Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate where is the nearest branch of Atkins Savings Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
Also, check how old your account is. Because if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.