If you have decided to close your bank account. Then you can do that very easily. It only takes your visit to the branch of the bank. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Asian Bank account.
Before you visit the bank you will have to prepare your account to be closed. And there are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you need to check your account balance. And you will have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. The second thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and the direct deposits.
You should move all your payments and deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you to make sure that all your payments are running without any issues.
Steps to Close Asian Bank Account
If you have a joint account then follow this linked guide. But in case if you have an individual account then you can follow this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Asian Bank.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason why you are closing the account.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
This is how you can easily close your bank account. Also, keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.