If you have decided to close your account. Then you can do it. But there is a proper process to be followed. This guide will help you out to close Artisans’ Bank account.
Before you approach the bank you will have to prepare your account to be closed. The first thing in this process is to check your balance.
You will have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in the account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
So to avoid payment failures. You can set up your payments and deposits with your alternative bank account. This will help you in this concern.
Steps to Close Artisans’ Bank Account
If you have an individual account then you can follow this guide. But in case if you hold a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Artisans’ Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and reason for the closure.
- Provide them the details and bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the officials.
In addition to this, there is one thing you have to keep in mind. If you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges. You can contact the bank and ask if you have to pay it.