If you want to close your account then you can do that. It can be done by following a proper process. And that is what I will tell you how you can close Armstrong Bank account in this guide.
Before you approach the bank and ask it to close your account. You will have to prepare your account to be closed. In this process, there are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance. And you have to make sure that there are no pending dues and negative balances in the account.
If you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not let you close the account until you clear all the dues.
The next thing is you have to take care of all your payments and direct deposits. Once your account is closed by Armstrong Bank. All the payments and deposits will start failing.
So to avoid this from happening you can do one thing. And that is you can set up your payments and the deposits with your alternative bank account.
Steps to Close Armstrong Bank Account
If you have an individual account then follow this guide. But in case if you want to close a joint account. Then follow this linked guide.
- First of all, you have to find out where is the nearest branch of Armstrong Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and why you want to close the account.
- Provide them the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
By following these steps you can close your account. But keep in mind that if you are closing the account within one year of opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.