If you have decided to close your bank account. Then there must be some reason for that. Let us not get into the reason. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close AmeriFirst Bank account.
There are no hard or complicated steps involved in the process. But there are two things about your account that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to check your account balance and make sure that there is no negative balance or pending dues. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative account. This will help you make sure that none of your payments fail once your AmeriFirst Bank account is closed.
I usually don’t recommend my readers close the account online. That is because of the low success rate. So I have explained an offline method below.
This method and the steps mentioned below works for not only the customers of AmeriFirst Bank. But for the customers of almost all the banks operating in the United States.
Steps to Close AmeriFirst Bank Account
If you are an individual account holder then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of AmeriFirst Bank near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Help them find your account by providing the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then you can do it by calling customer service. And also with the help of the official website of the bank.
- Official Website: amerifirstbank.com
- Phone Number: 1-800-298-1763
This is how you can close your account. But you also have to keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.