In case for some reason, you have decided to close your account. Then in this guide, I will walk you through the steps that you need to follow to close Amerant Bank.
The process is very simple, but I don’t recommend you close the account online. That is because of the high rate of rejections by the bank.
Instead of the online method, follow the offline method that has been explained below. This method works not only with Amerant Bank. But with all the banks in the United States of America.
But even before you approach the bank and request it to close your account. There are a few things you should take care of.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance or pending dues in the account. If you have any. Then take proper steps to clear all the pending dues.
The next thing is you will have to cancel all your automatic payments and direct deposits. You can set them up with your alternative bank account.
This will help you ensure that none of your payments fail. If you already have an alternative account. Then that is fine. But in case if you don’t have then I recommend you open a new account before closing the existing one.
Steps to Close Amerant Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank. Then you can follow the steps mentioned below. But in case if you hold a joint bank account then follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Amerant Bank near you.
- Take your documents with you. (Passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document)
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials handling the helpdesk.
- Tell them that you want to close your bank account.
- The official will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them the requested information and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you wish to contact the bank. Then you can do that by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profiles of the bank.
- Official Website: www.amerantbank.com
- Phone Number: 1-888-629-0810
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmerantBank/
Follow these steps and you will be able to close your account. But also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.