There can be so many reasons why someone might have decided to close a bank account. No matter what is your reason. But I will explain to you how you can close Amegy Bank of Texas Account in this guide.
The process is really very simple but I do no recommend you to close the account online. I personally recommend people to visit the branch of the bank one last time. That is follow the offline method to get the account closed.
But before you go to the branch of the bank there are a few things you should make sure of. Let me explain those to you one by one.
The first thing is there should be no negative balance or dues pending in the account. If you have any then the bank will not allow you to close the account.
So you will have to clear those before you approach the bank and ask it to close the account. The next thing is you have to take care of your automatic payments and direct deposits.
Once the account is closed by the bank all your payments will start failing. So you will have to cancel those. And set them up with your alternative bank account.
This will help you in a smooth transition from your old account to the new account. If you already have an account with you then that is fine.
But in case your Amegy Bank of Texas account is the only one you have. Then I recommend you open a new account before you close the existing one.
There are so many banks in the United States of America. Choose any one that you feel is a good bank for you and get the account opened.
Steps to Close Amegy Bank of Texas Account
If you hold an individual account then follow the steps mentioned below. But in the case of a joint bank account, you can follow this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Amegy Bank of Texas near you.
- Take your passbook, unused cheques, debit cards, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank
- Go to the helpdesk and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask for your name and bank account number.
- Provide them those details and show your identity proof document to them.
- Make your bank account balance zero.
- Collect, fill, sign, and submit the account closure request form to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
If you want to contact the bank then you can do that by calling customer service, using the official website. And also by messaging the support team on the official social media profile of the bank.
- Official Website: www.amegybank.com
- Phone Number: 800-287-0301
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/AmegyBank
- Twitter: twitter.com/amegybank
Follow these steps and your account will be closed by the bank within 2 working days. But if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.