If you don’t want to use any of your bank accounts then the best way to deal with it is by closing it. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Alerus Financial account.
I don’t recommend you close the account online because of the high rejection rate online. Instead of that, you can follow the offline method explained below.
Before you approach the financial company and request it to close your account. There are two things that you need to take care of.
The first thing is you have to make that there is no negative balance or pending dues in your account. If you have any then you will have to clear those.
Second, you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to your alternative bank account. This will help you make sure all your payments are running without any issues.
If you already have an alternative account then that is great. But in case if you don’t have another account. Then I recommend you open one before you close your existing account.
There are many banks that are operating in the United States of America. If you want help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this list of questions.
Steps to Close Alerus Financial Account
Follow the steps explained below to close your account.
- Locate the nearest location of Alerus Financial near you.
- Take your documents like debit cards, cheques, and your identity proof document with you.
- Visit the location and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name, account number, and the reason for the closure.
- Provide the details to the officials and show them your identity proof document.
- Bring down your account balance to zero.
- Collect an account closure request form.
- Fill the form and submit it to the officials.
For more details, you can directly contact Alerus Financial. But you should also keep in mind that if you are closing the account too early after opening it. Then it might attract some closing charges.