If you have decided to close your account for some reason. Then you have all the rights to do it. But there is a proper process to be followed. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close Adams Bank & Trust account.
The process is very simple actually the process of closing any bank account is simple. But people find it difficult because they don’t know the process.
Before you approach the bank, speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close the account. You need to prepare your account to be closed.
The first thing you have to do is check your account balance. This is to ensure that there are no pending dues and negative balances.
In case if you have any then you will have to clear those. Because the bank will not allow you to close the account until you clear these dues.
The second thing is you have to move all your automatic payments and direct deposits out of your account. This is important because all the payments will start failing once the account is closed.
The best thing you can do to ensure all the payments are running is to set them up with your alternative bank account. But keep in mind that this is not a responsibility of the bank by yours.
If you already have an alternative account with you then you can start the process. But in case if you don’t then I recommend you open a new account before closing the existing one.
There are so many banks to choose from in the United States of America. If you need help in choosing your next bank. Then you can refer to this guide.
Steps to Close Adams Bank & Trust Account
Follow the instructions given below if you have an individual account with the bank. But in case if you have a joint account then refer to this guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of Adams Bank & Trust near you.
- Take your passbook, debit card, unused cheques, and identity proof document with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank and go to the helpdesk.
- Speak with the bank officials and tell them that you want to close your account.
- The officials will ask for your name and account number.
- Provide the details and show them your identity proof document.
- Empty your bank account.
- Collect an account closing request form.
- Fill the form, check what you have filled, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
This is the process to be followed if you wish to close the account offline. In case if you want to close the account online. Then you can directly contact the bank over the phone to know the process.