No matter what is the reason that made you decide to close the account. Being the customer you have the right to do it. But you also have to follow the terms and conditions of the bank. If we consumers have the right also the banks with which we have the account have their own rights. In this guide, I will tell you how you can close ACNB Bank account.
The process is really very easy. But the thing is you can not close the account online. You will have to follow the offline method which requires you to visit the branch of the bank. I understand some of us might not like to go to the branch of the bank. But it will be your one last visit to the branch. Once you submit the request to close your bank account. Your relationship with the bank comes to an end.
But before you do that I recommend you make sure that you have an alternative bank account with you. Because once your request is taken by the bank you can not use your account to make any transactions. So if you already have an account with another bank then that is good. But if you don’t have then choose a bank for you there are many banks operating in the United States.
And get an account opened for you. Once the account is completely operational you can move all your automatic payments and direct deposits to the alternative account. Because if you don’t do it then all the payments will start failing. You should note that these are completely your responsibility and not of the ACNB Bank. So before you go to the branch get these things moved to your other account.
Steps to Close ACNB Bank Account
If you hold an individual account with the bank then you can follow the steps mentioned in this guide. But in case if you hold a joint bank account then follow the steps mentioned in this linked guide.
- Locate the nearest branch of ACNB Bank near you.
- Take your identity proof document, passbook, unused cheques, and debit cards with you.
- Visit the branch of the bank.
- Go to the helpdesk of the branch and speak with the bank officials.
- Tell the bank officials that you want to close your bank account.
- The officials will ask you to provide your name and bank account number.
- Provide the requested information and show your identity proof document to the officials.
- Check your bank account balance and make it zero.
- Collect an account closure request form, fill it, sign it, and submit it to the bank officials.
How to Contact the Bank?
You can contact the bank using the official website and by calling customer care.
- Official Website: www.acnb.com
- Phone Number: 1.888.334.2262
If you have any negative balance or dues pending in the account. Then you will have to clear them before you approach the bank to close the account. Because the bank will not allow you until you clear all the dues. And if you are closing the account too early after opening it then the bank may ask you to pay the account closing charges.